Sunday 7 April 2013

MARRYINAWEEK OVER COFFEE



Overheard at a neighboring table at a café, unwittingly and forced to since the two young men in their late-twenties spoke unconscionably  totally absorbed in their own situation, uncaring if anyone else heard them or not.  Today’s generation.  Not apologetic about who they are or what they want – in this case, getting married, finding a suitable match and a newly discovered matrimony app on Facebook:
Guy 1 (with bulging biceps, obviously a gym buff): Ma and Dad have shown me so many pics – they all look good.  Girls are so good at putting all that stuff on their faces …
Guy 2 (with trendy shades perched on head): … no way! Not all – I’m sure they went to the beauty parlour first.  Anyway, whoever you choose, you’ll have a good looking girl walk in with you at our parties
Bulging Biceps: But I can’t tell what they are really like.  Be sensible – I’m not only going to be attending parties – I want a proper profile – you know, interests, beliefs, likes, dislikes
Trendy Shades (pressing some buttons on his phone): You’re in luck – found this while posting my status yesterday.  ‘Marry in a week’ which world’s first Facebook app on matrimony. ….. Register.  It’s free for now.
Bulging Biceps Ma’s already registered me on a dozen matrimonial sites
Trendy Shades: This is not a matrimonial site. It’s a Matrimonial app on facebook which your mom can’t use on your behalf, only you can use while after logging into your facebook account….why not try it.   Your mom and dad can only access your profile if you share Facebook password with them. BTW, I’m sure they will be looking for caste and stuff and knowing you, you are more keen on finding other things about the girl
Bulging Biceps: Sure.  I’m not marrying a caste, I’m marrying a person.  That they do not understand.  I want someone with whom I can share things – there has to be something, personality-wise
Trendy Shades: Then this is it.  This app will syncs marriage relevant information from facebook to the app profile.  Your status has to be unmarried for this to work for you.  Plus, it will only take profiles of those with 25 friends or more on Facebook. You can’t be fake on Facebook with a large number of friends – so you can be sure profile is credible.
Bulging Biceps: Forget it.  I already have enough matches – too much clutter on my laptop already
Trendy Shades: But this app will match your profile with others with a compatibility quotient and give you a few matches everyday.  And they won’t pile up – they will expire in a week. If you like something, click on ‘Express interest’ and if the other side too accepts you then you can view each other’s profiles and uske baad, you are the boss – take it forward from there
Bulging Biceps: That should be quick.  At least I won’t have to wait for ages for a response.  It’ll save me time
Trendy Shades: Yup! 5 minutes daily, just like you update your Facebook posts.
Bulging Biceps: Great. Thanks – good that you know so much about it.  How come?
Trendy Shades:  It’s easy – doesn’t take much….. it was so simple and easy to use……  Besides, I registered on Marry in a week last night. Let’s pay up and leave – I have to be in CP in an hour.   Chal, let’s go … There’s loads more – I’ll tell you on the metro…

No comments:

Post a Comment