Tuesday 14 May 2013

SEEKING A MATCH – A RELEVANT ONE


I am all of twenty three years old.  A young person poised to open new chapters in life.  One is inevitably marriage.  I am also a product of today: I am educated, working towards financial independence, social, technically savvy.  Malls, smart phones and countless friends on Facebook are part of my life.  I am looking for a partner, a soul mate, but in ways that I am comfortable with.  And I do believe that a Facebook app on matrimony is not a bad idea at all.  It suits me to a T.
I admit I am not radical.  I love and respect my parents, elders and culture.  I do not wish to be a rebel and I may not defy their suggestions, yet I want more – additional options that will reassure me that I stand a greater chance of getting what I want.  Just as in olden times parents invited suitable young men to their daughters’ swayamvara and sent their young sons as prospective bridegrooms, I want that option for myself.  Not an actual swayamvara but a virtual one – only for those who will match as bride or groom.  Parents and their offspring want an appropriate match; in other words, we are all looking for relevance.
My match making sum:
my qualities and what I normally do
+ some commonalities I am looking for
+ no fear of showing or communicating these
+ looking at these lists everyday to remind myself or, when convinced, make adjustments
-  clutter
____________________________________________________________
           my road map for seeking a suitable match
____________________________________________________________
 I have a profile on Facebook.  My profile gives my education, likes and dislikes.  My pictures show my lifestyle and preferences.  My status says unmarried.  I know there are several like me out there with profiles.  I also know that the more the friends, the less the chances of faking a life on Facebook.  And why would you want to fake a life, especially if you are looking for true friends or soul mates?  It would be a funeral and not a wedding!  So, if I want to use a system that takes information from my existing profile and puts up information relevant to my final aim, simultaneously ensuring only those I permit can access it, why not? Because the way I see it -
   Genuine profile information + access to those qualified, of interest or Interested = RELEVANCE
This equation immediately ups my chances of clutter-free suitable matches that I can express an interest in or allow to expire in a week.  Facebook and matrimony.
Technology taking inspiration from culture to facilitate what I want – not a bad idea at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment